What To Do If You Have Not Received A Form W-2

Although employers are required to furnish your Form W-2 by January 31, 2009, sometimes circumstances prevent this from happening. Nonetheless, you still must file your tax return on time, even if you do not receive your W-2. There are ways in which you can substitute the W-2 form in order to meet the tax filing deadline. For more information about what to do if you haven’t received your Form W-2, read this C.P.A. Insight.

Big Refund or Big Tax Bill?

In a sneaky attempt to avoid FICA, Social Security and Medicare payroll taxes, some S corporation owners and officers pay themselves artificially low salaries. The IRS is catching on and is paying very close attention to the salaries and corporate distributions S corporations pay out. For more information on how the IRS categorizes officers of S corps, read this C.P.A. Insight.