Qualified Long-Term Care Insurance—An Available Option for Employer-Provided Health Plans

Those who are self-employed, partners in a partnership or LLC and 2% or more shareholders in an S corporation can likely add a tax deductible long-term care insurance policies to their health insurance benefits program. For more information on the IRS’ requirements for the policy to be qualified for favorable tax treatment, read this C.P.A. Insight.

Health Care Coverage in Retirement

If you are approaching retirement, before you plan your party, you need to consider how you will pay for health care coverage once you are no longer employed. Many retirees significantly underestimate how much they need to pay for medical expenses. For a close look at the questions you need to find answers to and items to discuss with your financial planner about health care in retirement, read this Insurance Know-How.

To Amend or Not to Amend

You filed your tax return, but you found an income statement you forgot to include. Your situation need not be a nightmare. You simply need to file a 1040x, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return. This form will allow you to amend your both your income and deductions. For more information on when to file an amended return, read this C.P.A. Insight.