Air medical evacuations can cost upwards of $75,000. For a fee starting at $175 annually for individuals, you can potentially avoid these catastrophic costs and help protect your hard-earned savings.
As many of you know, our firm strongly recommends that our clients consider life, disability, and long-term care insurance if warranted. All of these items can help protect you and your family’s assets through unforeseen catastrophes. After much review by Gene W. Henssler, Ph.D., and William G. Lako, Jr., CFP® they felt that this program should be strongly considered for the same reason.
MedjetAssist is a travel membership program, that offers services for people who travel for business or pleasure in the United States or abroad.
As a MedjetAssist member, if you are hospitalized more than 150 miles from your home and are unable to return via a commercial airline without a medical escort, simply contact MedjetAssist and a specially equipped jet with an on-board team of medical professionals can be sent to bring you to your home hospital or hospital of your choice so you can be treated by your personal physician and be close to your family.
Basic memberships are offered for individuals under age 75. The annual cost for a domestic membership starts at $175. Family memberships are available as well, starting as low as $305 annually. Special memberships are available and can include persons over age 75. Other programs offered include seven, 14, 21 and 30 day plans starting at $95.
In the program, you are entitled to one transport per year, per domestic membership. If there is an accident involving multiple family members, each and every member of the enrolled family will receive one transport.
What sets them apart from most other programs?
- MedjetAssist evacuations are done regardless of medical necessity whether for injury or illness.
- The choice of hospital is up to the patient so long as the hospital is equipped to meet the level of treatment needed.
- There are no limits on transportation costs.
- MedjetAssist provides evacuations in the United States and abroad.
Some Other Benefits Offered:
- Transportation from your local hospital to a specialty hospital which is more than 150 miles away.
- Foreign language interpretation of medical reports can be provided over the phone to local doctors.
- Emergency message service so that you may contact family, friends, etc., 24 hours a day through the medical staff to inform them of the situation.
- Pre-travel medical consultations for health and safety precautions.
If you travel periodically, whether for business or pleasure, you may want to consider this service. Let me reiterate that air medical evacuations can cost upward of $75,000. For a fee of only $175 annually for individuals, you can potentially avoid these catastrophic costs.
Being hospitalized for any reason is a calamity in itself, but being away from your home and family makes it that much more devastating. MedjetAssist can offer you the peace of mind that in a medical emergency, you can not only be brought to your local hospital and be among your family and friends, but at the same time, preserve your life savings.
*Lighthouse Insurance agency, an affiliated company of Henssler Financial, receives promotional fees from MedJetAssist.